Staff AccountantApply Online
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Director of Finance
Department: Finance / Accounting
Location: Marinette, WI
Status: Full Time
Assists in managing the accounting, cash functions, and systems of the Corporation and related entities, helping to facilitate the development, implementation, and monitoring of appropriate internal controls. The Staff Accountant assists in ensuring that the company’s accounting practices satisfy the highest ethical requirements, as must his or her own behavior.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Responsible for entry of all accounts payable and weekly check run processing, including Positive pay file reporting.
- Responsible for weekly cash receipts application to customer’s accounts receivable and coordinates with customers/Customer Service on past due invoices for payment.
- Responsible for weekly bank account reconciliations.
- Responsible for bi-weekly Hourly Payroll processes to insure accurate payment.
- Responsible for the timely filing of state use tax and 1099/1096 annual information returns.
- Adhere to Winsert Code of Conduct.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls and implements changes in consultation with the Director of Finance.
- In concert with the Director of Finance, enhances and/or develops, implements, and enforces policies and procedures by way of systems and processes that will improve overall operations, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Performs Period end close procedures, including generation of inventory reports and review of job closing and analysis of variances.
- Assists in data collection needed for all audits – financial, insurance, bank, 401k.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have excellent time management skills, problem-solving skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
- Knowledge, training and experience of accounting and auditing standards and regulations.
- Ability to use software employed to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports.
- Ability to establish, manage and enforce financial control systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to gather data, analyze and compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a wide range of coworkers.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Access, Word, Excel, TCM, and Outlook.
- Must be able to actively move through office space to work with staff.
- Vision must be correctable to allow reading/viewing of documents and computer screen.
- Hearing must be correctable to allow extensive use of telephone and voicemail as well as participate in discussions among large groups.
- Hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity.
- Prolonged sitting, with some standing, bending, stooping and stretching.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or Associate’s degree in accounting with equivalent experience.
- Experience in a business environment.
- General accounting and Cost accounting knowledge.