Job Title: General Foundry
Reports to: Foundry Supervisor or Lead
Location: Marinette, Wisconsin
Status: Full Time
This person shall have a complete understanding of Foundry practices and procedures and grasp of basic mathematical skills.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Effectively perform Foundry jobs as directed and prioritized: molding, mold assembly, snagging, blasting, shakeout, rough inspect.
- Correctly effects general housekeeping.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Carries out other duties and assignments as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have excellent time management skills, ability to work with minimum supervision and follow detailed oral and written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team orientation skills.
- Can utilize basic mathematics skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Vision must be correctable to allow performance of required foundry skills.
- Hearing must be correctable to allow instructions given to be understood and performed correctly.
- Mobility and coordination must allow for required foundry tasks to be performed.
- Ability to lift 75 pound box from floor to a maximum height of 36 inches.
- Physical (% of time): 100% – standing, talking, hearing, vision (near & far), depth perception. 70% – lifting/lowering 1-60+ lbs. 50% – walking, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, lifting/twisting, peripheral vision. 20% – sitting.
- Environment (% of time): 100% – vibration, lung irritants. 50% – cold, heat. 20% – heights.
Education and Experience:
- 0-2 years of demonstrable and practical skills in all Foundry procedures; 2 years preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred and/or technical training/certification.