Job Title: Continous Improvement Coordinator
Reports to: Manager of Quality
Location: Marinette, WI
Status: Full Time
Lead and coordinate companywide process improvement events to increase efficiencies, effectiveness and reduce costs in accordance with the principles of Lean. Train other employees and facilitate cross-functional teams to reduce waste and improve the flow of material and information throughout the entire organization.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Lead and hold accountable cross functional teams on companywide opportunity identification, pre-project ROI calculations, goal deployment/completion and post-ROI audits to document savings.
- Manage and facilitate the continuous improvement program.
- Work closely with all manufacturing, administrative, and support departments, as needed, to achieve process improvements and efficiency increases.
- Develop tools to measure, and make recommendations, to continuously minimize costs, minimize overtime, improve quality, and maximize efficiency.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Complete employee evaluations within expected timeframes.
- Participate in the evaluation of new employee hires.
- Assist in quality related tasks.
- Get along with coworkers.
- Train others in Lean Concepts where appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent time management and problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Solid knowledge and application of Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Proficient use of methodical problem solving techniques (i.e., PDCA, DMAIC).
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills (TCM, Word, Excel)
- Exercise good interpersonal and communication skills – ability to communicate effectively with all levels of authority.
- Exhibit effective leadership in all job functions.
- Exercise strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Adapt to changing requirements with minimal interruption of normal work-flow.
- Must get along well with others.
- Must be able to actively move through office space to work with staff.
- Vision must be correctable to allow reading/viewing of documents and computer screen.
- Hearing must be correctable to allow extensive use of telephone and voicemail as well as participate in discussions among large groups.
- Mobility and coordination must allow for required tasks to be performed.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years past experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean coordinating experience.