This person is responsible for the set-up, operation and maintenance of the auto visual machines, as well as the proper handling and detailed inspection of finished parts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Reading and following routings and blue prints.
• Ability to manual visual parts rejected by vision machine for defects and machine shop deformities per the inspection standard.
• Ability to set-up, operate, and trouble shoot Visual machines effectively.
• Ability to use all general equipment, such as Depth Mics, Dial Calipers, and Bore Plugs
• Proper completion and processing of non-conforming, suspect, and rework tags.
• Compliance with all Department efficiency goals.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain adequate auto visual machine supplies and inventory.
• Review all auto visual machines related work instructions on a bi-monthly basis.
• Support 5 S Program.
• Clean and maintain auto visual machines daily.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Must have excellent time management skills, problem-solving skills, and the ability to efficiently multi-task in a highly team oriented environment.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required in all aspects of job performance.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions correctly.
• Basic computer literacy skills.
• Must get along with others.
• Must be able to actively move through office space to work with staff.
• Must be tested yearly to have natural or corrected near distance acuity in at least one eye and must be capable to read Jaeger Number 1 test chart or equivalent distance of not less than 12”. Equivalent eye exam results for Jaeger J-1 visual acuity are; Snellen 20/20; Times Roman 3.5 text; OrthoRater#9; or Titmus (SAB-1, SAL-1 or SAR-1) #10.
• Must be able to differentiate between colors used.
• Hearing must be correctable to allow understanding of instructions.
• Mobility and coordination must allow for required inspection task to be performed.
• Ability to lift 75 pound box from floor to maximum height of 36 inches.
• Physical (% of time): 100% – standing, talking hearing, vision (near and far), depth perception; 70% -lifting/lowering 1-60+ lbs; 50%-walking, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, lifting/twisting, peripheral vision; 20%-sitting.
• Psychological (% of time): 10%-reading, mental stress, working with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 3-5 years minimum of previous experience in inspection/quality related environment.
• Minimum education requirement: High School diploma.